A Professional Diploma in the Management of Wastewater Reuse Technologies. It is designed to equip participants with the knowledge and skills required to effectively manage wastewater resources for irrigation, agriculture, and various applications.
This diploma program, designed under the umbrella of “Safe Agro MENA” project, aims to address the challenges of climate change and local contextual factors while fostering expertise in wastewater treatment and reuse.
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, environmental engineering, civil engineering, agriculture engineering, science, pharmaceuticals, or any other relevant field from an accredited institution.
- A number of scholarships are available for early career professionals and those from marginalized groups.
- Applicants will be interviewed to assess their explicit required knowledge and required skills.
- Preparatory courses, specific materials, or knowledge gaps may be identified during this process.
- Preparatory courses will be assigned with a maximum of two courses based on the prospective student’s background and identified knowledge gaps.
- These courses must be completed before beginning the diploma program.
- These preparatory courses are already available online on any relevant platform.
The program consists of six core courses, carefully designed to build a strong foundation, impart essential theoretical knowledge, and culminate in the development of innovative solutions:
- Fundamentals of Management of Technology
- Science, Technology & Innovation (STI) Policy
- Wastewater Treatment Technologies & Reuse Applications
- Pivotal and Emerging Technologies (for Wastewater Reuse in Agriculture)
- Irrigation Water Management